Essential Technical Features for Ventilator for COVID-19
During the Empowered Group Meeting (for ensuring availability of essential Medical equipment) held on 30.03.2020 at 03:00 PM in Room 152 Udyog Bhawan, it was, inter alia, decided that the Technical Committee of DRDO shall identify the essential technical features for ventilators for COVID-19, which shall be put on the website of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and HLL Lifecare Ltd.
The same have been received from Director General Life Sciences, DRDO (Chairman Technical Committee) and are as below:
"Essential Technical Features for Ventilator for COVID-19
- The machine should be turbine/compressor based because the installation sites might not have central Oxygen Lines.
- The machine should have Invasive, non-invasive and CPAP features to make them versatile.
- 200-600 ML tidal volume, Lung Mechanics Display
- Monitoring of Plateau Pressure, PEEP, PS, oxygen concentration, lung mechanics/inverse ratio (I:E)
- Pressure & volume control & PSV
- Continuous working capability for 4-5 days"
It is requested that the above essential technical features may be got uploaded immediately on the website of HLL Lifecare Ltd under intimation to this Office.
Source link: Essential Tech features for Ventilators (pdf)